bg

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Expectimer Tropitus!


Does it sound like a spell from Harry Potter? That's because it is... Or at least it's a really sincere and enthusiastic attempt at conjuring a Patronus ("Expecto Patronum!") by my dear hubby. We're reading the whole series out loud together and are currently at the end of book #3 (obviously.. for those of you who know Harry). I'm a seasoned Potter reader, but Boyd is experiencing the wonder for the first time. And considering the way he burst into the room this evening with that cute little spell, I'd say he's enjoying it. As well he should.



Things that make me happy about this include:

1. The brilliance that is J.K. Rowling's mind. I'm not obsessive or anything. I've only read the series once all the way through. I haven't even seen all the movies. Some would say I'm not a true fan, and that's okay. I'm an appreciator of a super crazy creative mind. That's what I am.

2. Reading out loud together. It's reminiscent of childhood, except now I feel more like the mom since I do most of the reading. And he gets all excited when I do voices for each character. It's kind of great.

3. Boyd's knack for messing words up in the most awesome, hilarious ways that sound way better than the real thing.

     
 Actually that ^^^ is an enormous highlight in my marriage in general. Something he says will come     out all jumbled, then he'll look at me like "What just happened?" and we'll both bust up laughing. This happens on a regular basis. The daily kind of regular basis. I've been meaning to start a poster on the wall with these "Boydisms" for quite some time now. Like... a year or so maybe. Here's one of the classic examples:

"Snap Crackle Pop" came out of Boyd's mouth like this... "Pap Snap Popples and Crack"





On another subject, we can't seem to stop getting sick. Most recently, we've both developed a sinus infection. The really snuggly kind that just wants to get wayyyy up there and keep cozy for days and days. Love it. So, a few days ago, we invested in a Neti Pot. I would venture to say that it's the most unusual thing that's ever occurred within my nose. I'm not sure if Boyd can say the same. I'll have to ask him. Anyhow, once you get the hang of it and find a good angle to hold your head at and the saline solution stops running down the back of your throat... (it's really not that bad), you've got a nice little stream running through one nostril and out the other. I'm not cured, and I'm still stuffy. But let me tell you, this is the first time in 2 months that I have not had post nasal drip. And that in itself is enough to make me keep using this bad boy.


Things that make me happy about this include:

1.

















That's really the only thing about having this sinus infection that makes me happy. But it's a pretty big kind of happy. Best $13 we've spent.

1 comment: