It's been a toddler sleep fiasco at our place for the past week. I partially blame the new family (aka herd of elephants) that moved in upstairs. Seems to be that they start their days shortly after 5 am, and they begin their mornings with running laps around the apartment. Or something similar that makes a lot of noise. It's kind of awful. My kiddo usually sleeps until 8:30, which I have been EVER so grateful lately, since I've been able to get some really great sleep in preparation for the next bebe. So anyway, he suddenly started waking up consistently between 5 and 6. Not only that, but suddenly he has been adamantly - passionately even - refusing sleep. Refusing refusing refusing. Nap time AND bedtime. On a few nights it was 1:30 a.m. by the time he settled down and slept. And then he wakes up super early, and then is crazy tired and cranky during the day but won't nap... I don't know what to do! Why now??! Why when I am about to pop out a new sweet little baby who will most definitely be minimizing the amount of sleep I get? I just don't think I can handle a toddler being up all night as well. Heaven help me.
UPDATE:
A friend informed me that she switched the door handles around on her tots when they started shying away from naps, so she could lock them in their room for "quiet time", and so they wouldn't go wander around the house in the middle of the night. I tried it. Life is sweet again. He plays for awhile, and then he will put himSELF to bed - turn off the light, and snuggle up with sippy cup, stuffed animals and all. It's the cutest thing ever. (I just bought a video monitor in preparation for the new guy, but being able to use it to watch Bubba go through this new routine is pretty awesome.)
No comments:
Post a Comment